.

.
Lily Lion Heart

Wednesday 15 August 2012

Native plants and its wildlife

This past weekend I made my way to Humber Bay Park a waterfront park. I am an avid birder, but have been so busy with the garden this spring/summer that I have not gone birding, (well only from my backyard). This pastime brings me a great deal of pleasure.
I grew up with domesticated birds such as budgies, canaries and finches, and have loved birds since I was a young girl. My recent trip to South Africa re-connected me with my love of birds and birding.
The Park was teeming with life from the Yellow Warbler to the Northern Mockingbird , Red-Necked Grebe, and the Great Egret to name a few. Below are some shots of the wildlife enjoying the seeds, and nectar that the native plants provide in this unique ecosystem.
American Goldfinch (Echinacea purpurea)


Monarch Butterfly (Solidago sp.)

Blue Vervain (Verbena hastata)


Rosehips

No comments:

Post a Comment